Sign in to follow this  
Danny

Sometimes the ignore.conf does not work

It usually works, but occasionally an ignored folder/file shows up. The particular folder below has been successfully ignored for weeks and is just now showing up. Any ideas? Thanks

image.png.6336ffd4769661ad455c37d76b79555d.png

Could you attach the "ignore.conf" file? Is the file already under version control? In that case, the ""ignore.conf" wont' help (it only works for private items). You will need to add the folder to the hidden changes list.

Regards,

Carlos.

On 1/7/2020 at 4:03 AM, calbzam said:

Is the file already under version control? In that case, the ""ignore.conf" wont' help (it only works for private items).

I think I have the same problem. Can you explain a little more what you mean? Are you saying ignore.conf doesn't work at all if it's checked in?

I believe you can also remove the file from source control by deleting the file in plastic scm (but keeping the file on disk), checking in the delete, then adding the file to ignore.conf. The file will no longer be tracked and will be removed from your repo. For files you'd like to keep in the repo but you still wish to ignore in some capacity, you'll want to add to the cloaked list or the hidden changes list, depending on your needs.

keep on disk.PNG

• Like 1

On 1/8/2020 at 8:41 AM, calbzam said:

You are right. If you want to ignore the changes of already commited files, you need to use a different configuration file: "hidden_changes.conf"

https://www.plasticscm.com/book/#_hiding_changes_with_hidden_changes_conf

Ok, so I think what you're saying is you CAN check in the ignore.conf file, and it will still work, but if you want to ignore files which are already checked in you have to use the hidden_changes.conf. But either way, ignore.conf still works perfectly fine regardless of whether ignore.config is checked in or not.

If you checkin the ignore.conf or not is not relevant for the behavior.

"ignore.conf" is used to configure ignore rules for not commited files. "hidden_changes.conf" is used to configure ignore changes rules for commited files.

Regards,

Carlos.