Josh

Plastic client in Docker container on Raspberry Pi 4

Hi,

- I think the "cm update" is not working due to the mono compatibility issues.

- You can easily set the owner for a server also via Windows GUI: right-click a repo from the server you are connecting --> Repository server permissions --> Set the owner.

I mean it's not necessary to set the server owner from the Ubuntu machine.

Regards,

Carlos.

I have given up on using the arm architecture, cheap Docker hosting with a cloud service will be good enough and save me some hassles.

I switched to Ubuntu 18.04 on i386 hardware and was able to install plasticscm-complete using apt-get without any issues. No more Mono error either.

After installation, here is what I ran:

• clconfigureclient (worked)
  • cm workspace create synchProjectwk synchProject --repository=<my repo>  (appears to have worked)
  • cm update (stopped downloading at 1%, no errors)

My repo has an encryption key but the CLI is not prompting me to enter it. Instead it downloaded all the directories for the repo but none of the files. I tried switching branches using:

• cm switch main/develop
  • cm update

and had the same result. No errors, stopped downloading at 1%, and no files, only directories.

How can I get the CLI to allow me to enter the encryption key? Or can I manually put the key where it belongs? This is better for automation anyways.

Where automation is concerned, same goes for the login, password, and server. Can I have them saved without running clconfigureclient? This way I can start/restart this server without having to ssh in and run the configuration script every time.

How can I get the CLI to allow me to enter the encryption key? Or can I manually put the key where it belongs? This is better for automation anyways.

Probably the fastest workaround is deploying the necessary files to enable the encryption in your client:

/opt/plasticscm5/client/cryptedservers.conf

/opt/plasticscm5/client/<yourfile>.key

If you have any Windows client machine, they should be located at:

C:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\Local\.plastic4

Where automation is concerned, same goes for the login, password, and server. Can I have them saved without running clconfigureclient? This way I can start/restart this server without having to ssh in and run the configuration script every time.

This configuration is stored at:

/home/<YourUser>/.plastic4/client.conf

Regards,

Carlos.