Bamboo Automatic Plan Branching

carpediemevive

I'm attempting to get the Automatic Branching feature of Bamboo working with Plastic, but it doesn't seem to be functioning. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I can't find any log files to tell me what it's doing at all.  

I found this post: http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2012/02/setting-up-bamboo-server-to-test-task.html but it's from two years ago and Bamboo has changed a bit since then. Still, I tried using the BRANCH_NAME identifier for the name of the branch, but it was unsuccessful. 

Is this feature supported in the Plastic plugin in?

I wish there were some log files on the Bamboo server that would let me diagnose what's going on. Right now I just make a change, wait ten minutes, see it if worked, and if it didn't I try something else.

I have the repository I'm interested in setup as the default repository for the plan. I set the Repository Name, the repository server, and the Branch is set to "/main". Should I remove the branch setting? Should it be set to something else?

I got it to create branched for me. I had to leave "/main" in as the branch in the repository setup; it wouldn't accept an empty string. Looking through the code, it looks like it searches for "open" branches off of this branch, so for me, that works perfectly. I also adjusted the "Only create branches that match" to ".*" to match everything. I guess this is the step that I screwed it up on, but I'm not sure how. I don't really know how I want to use this feature yet (I'm still experimenting), but I'll probably revisit this later.

Archived