Updating workspace with pending changes is not working

thomas.weltenbauer.

Hello!

I was used to switch between changesets and branches with pending changes in Plastic. But this is no longer possible, no matter what I do.

Basic infos:

• Plastic Client Version: 8.0.16.3899
  • "Allow when trying to switch / update workspace with changed items" is set to "Allow" in the settings
  • Pending changes are checked-out
  • My workspace is set to a branch and I'm trying to switch to another branch (not changeset as described
    in the thread Update workspace with pending changes) But I'm pretty sure I switch between changesets as well some time ago.
  • The message is the same (no matter if I switch from branch to branch, from branch to changeset or from changeset to changeset): "Cannot perform the switch to branch/label/changeset/shelve since there are pending changes. Please review the pending changes and retry the operation again."
  • Update of the workspace works (if there is a newer changeset on the branch)
  • I also double checked that "PendingChangesOnSwitchAction" is set to "None" in my client.conf.
  • I also made a short test in a small project with the same result. This is where I made this screenshots:

Pending Changes

image.png.b0a99907b27b203574249afbad8ea280.png

View in Branch Explorer (tried to switch from main branch to /main/TestBranch)

image.png.7a903448bde80cb7c0c69d5c0368acef.png

Workspace

image.png.a4bb81acc6634690bd004a47f1f69311.png

Settings

image.png.db8b8dc068891fc5e8baf54ea079f0ab.png

And the message

image.png.eabd3112cf38094d40b1423d9bb34dfc.png

I can't say since which version of the client this isn't working but I didn't changed my behaviour and wondered, why this isn't working.

Do you have a idea what could be the problem ore any recommendation what I could test?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

The ignore.conf file was just an example. This was the first file I could find and I simply only checked it out in Plastic without any changes. This is the same for every other file.

The behaviour changed in a long running project where this worked all the time, so the cloaked items can't be the problem.

(Additional information: We don't use a cloaked.conf file in any project so there are no cloaked files)

The "Run fast update" is not available in my plastic client. Looks like you removed it (see https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/8.0.16.3651#8.0.16.3651-new-7).

It's possible this setting is activated but since it is hidden, can't be changed. I could test it if you can tell me which entry I have to change in the config file.

Hi @thomas.weltenbauer.,

Unfortunately, I'm afraid you can't switch your workspace to another branch, changeset or label if you have checked-out items. Generally speaking, any controlled change prevents you from changing the workspace location. The setting you pointed out only applies to items that are locally changed in the workspace.

In this scenario, first you need to either check your changes in or undo them, optionally shelving them or backing them up elsewhere. Then you'll be able to switch your workspace as you wish. From then on, you'll be able to perform those switches as long as you have local changes only.

Could you please verify that this is what's actually going on in your scenario?

Thanks!