Sign in to follow this  
Pat

CM Find formatting

Hi, I'm trying to use the query feature (cm find) for the first time to identify all PNGs, TIFFs and JPGs that a contributor has added to our repo during a particular time frame, and exporting it as an XML file.

I feel like I'm close, but I'm having a hard time isolating particular file types. This is an example of what I have working right now:

cm find "revision where branch='main' and owner='TargetUserName' and parent=-1 and date > '01/01/2015' and date < '11/01/2018'" --xml --file=output.xml

Based off of what I've read in the documentation, it should also be possible to filter by a part of the file name like so:

cm find "revision where branch='main' and owner='TargetUserName' and parent=-1 and date < '11/01/2018' and date > '01/01/2015' and item like '%.png'" --xml --file=output.xml        

however I get no results. Any ideas?

I'm afraid the like '%STRING%' syntax will only work for names (not for specs). Internally for Plastic, this is considered a spec.

I think we don't have it very well documented.

Regrds,

Carlos.