Upgrading sqlite to cloud

Howard

I currently have Team Edition using the legacy community edition licence .

I don't really want to continue with our existing licence because
a) I want to pay for your product and support its development.
b) I want to move to the Cloud based licence.

I recently upgraded from v5 to v8 and it looks like I am forced to use the JET backend.
My current repositories are SQLite and the admin management console gives me no option to change (or migrate) the backend.

My questions are:
1) Can we carry on using SQLite for the cloud based system local repositories?
2) If we have to use JET when using the Cloud then how can I *prove* that I can migrate from SQLite to JET before committing to use the Cloud?

You can still use SQLite databases in Plastic v8. Anyway, we recommend you to migrate to Jet. SQLite databases shouldn't be used in production enviroments. If you currently have a Team server, you should be able to migrate to Jet via webadmin. If you are not able to do it, please let us know:

https://plasticscmsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020837894-Migrate-to-Jet-backend

When you install Plastic Cloud edition, by default your local server is configured to use Jet so if you previously migrated to databases to Jet, you can directly use them in your local Plastic server.

Regards,

Carlos.

It's not supported to migrate the Jet databases to SQLite. This way, we enforce all the new users to use Jet. If you still want to configure a new server to use SQLite, you need to backup/remove the "jet.conf" file and paste the "db.conf" (configured to use SQLite) from your old server.

This way, you can setup a new Plastic server installation to use SQLite.

Regards,

Carlos.