Mixing local server users with LDAP users

Our organization uses LDAP to authenticate people to PlasticSCM. For our CI/CD servers, I have been looking into using a separate user. Ideally I would like it to be a user local to the PlasticSCM server rather than one from LDAP; since we use a Directory-as-a-Service provider for our LDAP configuration, each new user has an additional cost, so I'd like to not incur that cost if possible.

I suspect that one cannot mix authentication modes as I've described, but I would like confirmation either way on this.

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

I'm afraid it's not possible to use multiple authentication modes. If the CI/CD user is a readonly user to download data and perform the builds, you won't need an extra Plastic license for this user.

We have a special feature when you are using LDAP authentication so can manually create custom groups that don't exist in your LDAP server. It gives more flexibility for companies that don't want to crease these groups in the LDAP. But I think this feature is not very useful in your scenario.

Regards,

Carlos.