Specified changeset does not exist

ian_nufc

I have been using PlasticSCM community edition for over 2 years now and have never experienced any problems, until now!

When attempting to add some files to create a new changeset an error was reported, now if I try to add any new files I continuously receive the error message "Specified changeset does not exist". 

So unfortunately I am stuck working with this repository and cannot now add any new items.

I can 'Update Workspace' to put my working changeset back to the last good version, but now cannot add a new changeset. I tried creating a branch from the working changeset but receive an error "Can't load the root item. The workspace selector probably contains errors".

Has anybody seen this before, does anybody have any ideas?

Fortunately I backed up the .sdf file last night and can retrieve workspace with minimal loss of work, but I would still like to know what caused the errors and is it likely to re-occur.

Thanks in advance.

Ian.

Hi,

It seems a workspace issue (not repository side). --> Can't load the root item. The workspace selector probably contains errors" . 

Did you rename a branch?  Creating a new workspace fixed the issue?

If the issue happens again, I would like to check the server log and client log files (http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.aspx).

Regards,

Carlos

This is a new repository so is not very big and does not have any branches yet.

I have created a new workspace on a different client and unfortunately I am now experiencing a similar problem.

I have added a new file to source control, checked in the pending change, no errors/warnings shown, but the changeset has not been created, and I now have no working changeset (home) shown on the branch explorer.

Hi,

If you open the branch explorer, right-click --> Siwtch workspace to this branch, your home should appear in the last changeset again. 

Is the error reproducible? If the issue happens again, could you send me the logs to: calba at codicesoftware dot com ?

Regards,

Carlos

I can select my workspace to any of the earlier changesets, but the latest updates have now been 'lost'. I have tried to create a branch from any of the existing changesets but just receive errors, and therefore cannot create a new changeset anywhere in the repository.

Yes the error is reproduceable.

I have e-mailed you some log files, I hope that helps.

Many thanks.

Ian.

Hello Ian,

next Monday, do you think it's possible to schedule a fast gotomeeting online connection to take a look into the issue?

What I want to check is the following, as the Plastic server stores a full picture of the repository each time you commit changes I would like to know from which changeset the problem is starting. In order to do that I think we can use the "Browse repository in this changeset" feature, hopefully we'll get an error during the changeset tree load. We can try the same with the "cm ls -R --tree='ChangesetNumber' --format="{7} {13} {2} {11}"" command.

Running those commands, starting from HEAD, for each changeset we can identify the issue and find workaround/fixes.

That would be great thanks.

Any time on Monday would be OK for me.

I tried to send Carlos a copy of the 'plastic.server.log' file for extra information, however I was unable to copy or open this file (with the PlasticSCM server stopped), is this likely to be a contributing factor to the problem?

Archived