Copy workspace changset X to another PC, force new PC to already be on changeset X

Traldera

Hi,

I am having an issue where i need to copy a very large workspace to another computer (check out process takes far too long due to network restrictions).

I can copy the files ok, and the plastic.selector file seems to suggest that the workspace is associated with a particular branch, but the plastic SCM gui is reading all the items as added rather than pre-existing. The gui is also not showing the 'house' symbol on the changeset, so i suspect i need to change another value in a file somewhere (ive checked all those i could find in the client folders)

Does anyone know a way i can trick my GUI on the new PC to see the files copied in as actually being checked out?

Hi,

If you open your branch explorer and switch your workspace to the desired branch, Plastic won't download any data (as it's already there). It may take some time for Plastic to go through all your local files to figure out that there is nothing new to download, but after that, your workspace will be pointing to this branch (the house icon pointing to this branch).

Regards,

Carlos.