Problem when connecting via IPv6

Simonas Mickus

Hello,

The company I work for uses PlasticSCM for a long time. Due to "human malware" most of our developers started working from home and we encountered annoying situation. Recently we switched from using OpenVPN to DirectAccess however it seems like like we no longer can use PlasticSCM. We are forced to use OpenVPN which has it's drawbacks (slows down file transport, cripples Docker response times, etc...).

Whenever we try to use PlasticSCM via DirectAccess we get such message: Can't get a valid IP for plastic-server-hostname. I spent some time searching for any clues and found out that when we use OpenVPN the plastic hostname is resolved as IPv4 address, and IPv6 for DirectAccess.

Here are some logs from the client:

2020-05-11 19:17:31,482 DOMAIN\user.name DEBUG ConnectionCreator - DNS resolve plastic-server-hostname ->  took 0 ms
2020-05-11 19:17:31,486 DOMAIN\user.name DEBUG ConnectionCreator - Failed to create connection to plastic-server-hostname:8087. 0 ms
2020-05-11 19:17:31,486 DOMAIN\user.name ERROR PlasticPipe - Exception obtaining connection to plastic-server-hostname:8087. Can't get a valid IP for plastic-server-hostname
2020-05-11 19:17:31,486 DOMAIN\user.name DEBUG PlasticPipe - sentb:      0|recb:      0|prt:       0|GetWorkingMode                |plastic-server-hostname:8087
2020-05-11 19:17:31,487 DOMAIN\user.name DEBUG CmProxy - Error invoking GetWorkingMode. Can't get a valid IP for plastic-server-hostname.

Is there something PlasticSCM team can fix or it's something misconfigured at our end?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, psantosl said:

I think the problem is that we are assuming IPv4 in a bunch of different points. So, we'd need to fix that.

What priority would you consider this issue to be ? Should we expect that it will be fixed in the near future or it's considered minor issue and can wait months/years ?