rlewicki

Cherry pick resolve whole branch

Hi, I've got an issue when I try to cherry pick a changset it shows me proper files from picked change set, it resolves the conflict (if one exists) but when I press `Apply changes` it resolves whole branch that changeset is picked from e.g. I want to cherry pick changset with 8 modified files, I resolve conflict and then when I press `Apply changes` it resolves like 18000 files and shows all of them (sic!) in Pending changes once resolve is finished.

Basically this feature doesn't work at all for me. Screenshots from steps provided below.

obraz.png.2ab1f7153dd80b5dbe6add43fe70c8fa.png

obraz.png.f9615fbdecbf2042bc4001e8390790f4.png

obraz.png.f1d0f50b8d8d22be389e8ce62cd8cce7.png

obraz.png.4992864241761b163f3b0d81b7418c5b.png

And then when I press `Apply changes` this is what happens:

obraz.png.b8f61ec4ffdc71e4d3ce3d7185a2c033.png

It processes all the files on branch and addes them to `Pending changelist with following status. This is the result:

obraz.png.ed27b55db974560624481edcd11d62e3.png

Hi,

I don't see the full path of the 7 change/delete conflicts. But they guess they are directories and inside this directories there are multiplel files that are copied during the cherry-pick operation.

If you reach us at support@codicesoftware.com we can get connected review it in detail.

Regards,

Carlos.

Files are in specific directory along with only few other files. Why would any other file get copied during the cherry-pick? Isn't cherry-pick supposed to just copy files from specified changeset into current state of the repository I am in?

At least this is how it works in git...

The cherry picks just integrated the changes in the specific changeset (but not the previous changesets in the branch). If you reach us at support@codicesoftware.com we can get connected review it in detail the cherry-pick scenario with you.

Regards,

Carlos.

Why can't we solve it here so the solution is visible to other users and gets indexed to be easly find via internet browsers? I see no benefit of connecting since I cannot allow you to review my server anyway.

Cheers,
Robert