The changed node cannot be null

jakeslack27

Hi,

I have been a happy Plastic user for some time now but recently, perhaps since an update to the GUI, I seem to be running into more and more errors when checking in.

The latest is preventing me from checking in, throwing this error:

4656cb277805c4a508029ed56852598c.png

Any help on what caused this and how to fix?

Thanks, Jake

Hi Jake,

Thank you for reporting this issue.We're doing our best to try to fix it.

Looking at the screenshot, it seems you're moving stuff from "Assets\PrivateEye\Scripts\Player" to "Assets\PrivateEye\Scripts\Game", right?

According to you issue, It seems that Plastic is trying to find the changed file from the "old" path "Assets\PrivateEye\Scripts\Player\Socket\Editor.meta", instead the new one "Assets\PrivateEye\Scripts\Game\Socket\Editor.meta".

I tried to simulate your scenario. But it worked as expected, I was unable to reproduce it. I tried Plastic SCM 9.0.16.4259:

export.thumb.gif.924863c1d7c3d7143f3ff0d36ccb0a56.gif

• Could you please give a simplified scenario/steps that reproduces your issue, so it could be reproduced by our engineers? That definitively would help to fix the issue.
  • BTW which Plastic SCM version are you trying?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jake,

- Are you using the Unreal Engine  plugin? Do you have some reproducible steps to get into this scenario? It seems something is wrong in the workspace metadata because the same folder is appearing multiple times in the list as deleted (I don't know why).

- If the issue is not easily reproducible following some steps, could send the following information to debug the current situation?

".plastic" workspace folder

Plastic client log

The output of this command "cm status --all > status.txt"

- Once the workspace is in this weird status, aren't you able to checkin nor undo the changes "cm unco --all"?  In that case, we would need to backup the current changes and re-create the workspace. You can remove the ".plastic/plastic.wktree" then run an update so it's re-created and the workspace should be clean with no pending changes and ready to be used again (you won't need to redownload the full workspace content). If we can assist you please reach us at support@codicesoftware.com and we can arrange a meeting.

Sorry for the inconveniences,

Carlos.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is any workaround known? I'm having the same issue, but I don't know how to reproduce it. I simply moved a folder from one location to another as I often do, but this time it throws an error and shows the moved folder as deleted four times.

image.png.1fd7d3635c3d62b1a2b89cbc62251775.png

Is there a way to force reset my workspace to the latest changeset in the cloud?

@Xarbrough do you mind to send an email to support@codicesoftware.com? We are still trying to find a consistent way you reproduce this issue. Any clue is very appreaciated.

The workspace metadata is wrong (the same item is appearing as deleted multiple times).

As a workaround to continue working: Could you backup the current workspace changes and re-create the workspace. You can just remove the ".plastic/plastic.wktree" then run an update so it's re-created and the workspace should be clean with no pending changes and ready to be used again (you won't need to re-download the full workspace content as it's already there). 

So sorry for the inconveniences,

Carlos.

Hi @SystemId,

Do you mind to send an email to support@codicesoftware.com? We are still trying to find a consistent way you reproduce this issue. Any clue is very appreaciated.

The workspace metadata is wrong (the same item is appearing as deleted multiple times).

As a workaround to continue working: Could you backup the current workspace changes and re-create the workspace. You can just remove the ".plastic/plastic.wktree" then run an update so it's re-created and the workspace should be clean with no pending changes and ready to be used again (you won't need to re-download the full workspace content as it's already there). 

So sorry for the inconveniences,

Carlos.

• 3 months later...