Sign in to follow this  
blake

Plastic/Unity3D Plugin frustration (Version Control: PlasticSCM : The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters)

I have ran into another interesting error with the Unity plugin, it ceases to work correctly. At first it seems to be disabled which has never happened before, and when I select "Connect," it alternates between failure and success (see GIF)

The error is logged in the Unity console: "Version Control: PlasticSCM : The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters." 

All of my changes have been marked as local in the PlasticSCM application since the plugin seems to not have been tracking the additions
GIF of the error in progress
https://gyazo.com/c90b8ef37fc16fe46d3f07105536a54e

Hi,

Does error make sense to you? I mean there is a file with a long path? We released the following task some time ago:

[New] 7.0.16.2289
Windows Installer: Added long path support for both Plastic and Gluon in Windows 10. Note that you may need to update your computer policy as described [link]http://blog.plasticscm.com/2016/10/path-is-too-long-fixed-in-plastic-scm.html here[/link]
REMARKS: In case you already customized the

plastic.exe.config
file, a backup file named
plastic.exe.config.installer.backup
will be generated in the PlasticSCM "client" install folder.

You may need to update your computer policy to make it work (see linked blog post).

In order to debug this issue, it may be easier to do it from the Plastic GUI (not the Unity plugin). Once the issue is not reproducible from the GUI and you are able to to update to the last and checkin with no issues, the problem shouldn't neither be happening if you use our plugin for Unity.

Regards,

Carlos.