Find/Undo unchanged items with command line not working any more

thomas.weltenbauer.

Hello,

we used the following command to find unchanged change in specific files/directories:

cm fc --checkcontent -R %filepath%

I know this command is deprecated, but I found no other possibility to do the same per command line.

So today I found a problem: I have two binary files in my pending changes. One has changes the other one does not have changes (it's just a checkout).

When check the files with the command above, both files have changes according to the output.

When I undo unchanged changes in Plastic client, the file without changes is removed from pending changes.

Because of this our automated process isn't working any more.

I also tried this with a simple checkout of an object wich also gives me the path of the object as if there were changes.

Do you have any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks!

Plastic Client Version: 9.0.16.4361

HI,

cm fc --checkcontent --onlychanged -R .

The "--onychanged" parameter will filter the checked out items items with no changes.  Is this what you need? What item types would you want to show in the output? Could you clarify?

What is your goal? I mean why you don't  just run "cm unco --all" to undo all the changes?

Regards,

Carlos.

Thank you for your answer.

I already tried the --onlychanged parameter. But this gives me no return for both items (the one with changes and the one without changes which is just checked out). But if undo unchanged changes in Plastic client, the one without changes is undone.

The background of this operation is, that we only want to make an automated process when there really are changes on specific files. So it's not only about the undo operation. I hope this clarifies, why we want this. The undo operation is not needed, but it is a nice side effect, if we could remove these items from pending changes.

--onlychanged       Finds only changed files; checkouts will not be obtained.

I'm not able to reproduce this behavior. If the file has actual changes it should appear in the output. Could you check if the file is actually changed or if just the timestamp is different but there is not real changes in the file?

Regards,

Carlos.

I already checked this. I can see the changes in the diff.

Here some screenshots:

Pending changes in plastic client

grafik.png.0701ae715e9eb8a13334acd921d44c2e.png

Output of checkcontent + onlychanged and checkcontent only (As you can see I will get all or nothing :D )
grafik.thumb.png.7e8e0d672cafbc158c15127aa3975185.png

One of the changes in AddressableAssetSettings (this is the file with the changes):
grafik.thumb.png.572cba23c2296a4ad4a4e9d245a91971.png

Physics.asset has no changes

Undo unchanged changes in Plastic ("Check the content to determine file as changes, not just timestamp" is enabled)

grafik.png.1fd01b82de041cc691923134c06b62a8.png

Pending changes after undoing unchanged setting

grafik.png.5d2310050d78b3015559e145d5308b4f.png

So this means, the plastic client can find changes in the AddressableAssetSettings.asset file and does not find changes in Physics.asset. But I can't reproduce this behaviour with the command line tool. I get both as changed or both as unchanged.

I hope this helps ;)

Thanks again!

Hi,

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce. If I use "--onlychanged", it shows the items that are actually changed but not showing the checked out

c:\Users\carlos\wkspaces\myworkspace>cm fc --checkcontent  .
c:\Users\carlos\wkspaces\myworkspace\bar.bin
c:\Users\carlos\wkspaces\myworkspace\foo.bin

c:\Users\carlos\wkspaces\myworkspace>cm fc --checkcontent --onlychanged .

What is your Plastic server and client version?

Has this beahvior recently started to happen ? Can we arrange a meeting to review your setup?

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi,

I think this behaviour started after one of the last client updates. I'm not sure because we don't have the same version of the client installed on every machine and I'm the first one how noticed this problem. But I know some colleagues have this probleme, too.

My client version is 9.0.16.4361.

We want to move to the new .net core Version of the plastic server in a few days anyway. Do you think this could be related to the server version?
If so, I think the best way is to check, if this happens after the update.

Thank you for you help! I come back to you after the update and let you know if this happens again.

Hi,

I'm testing with the last version (9.0.16.4386). I'm not sure if it's a version related issue. It would be great to schdule a meeting to debug your setup.

c:\Users\carlos\wkspaces\myworkspace>cm fc --checkcontent  .
c:\Users\carlos\wkspaces\myworkspace\bar.bin

c:\Users\carlos\wkspaces\myworkspace>cm fc --checkcontent --onlychanged .

c:\Users\carlos\wkspaces\myworkspace>cm version

Regards,

Carlos.