hidden_changes.conf - invisible to Gluon

argb32

Reading this guide:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gluon/plastic-scm-version-control-gluon-guide

It says to enable 'Show Hidden files' - which seems to have been removed

https://www.plasticscm.com/download/releasenotes/8.0.16.3750

All platforms - Gluon: removed "Show hidden files" from the check-in options, since it is only relevant to Plastic.

So I guess my question is how would someone using Gluon commit changes to these files? Or is that not possible anymore?

Hi,

In the same release we also included the following feature:

macOS, Linux - Plastic, Gluon: We unified the contextual menus in the Pending Changes view as much as possible - both for Plastic and Gluon. Now finding the features you use the most is easier when switching applications.

But this change brings other goodies too! For example, now you can check a file's history, and annotate it, right from the Pending Changes. We also added support to change cloaked.conf in Plastic, and hidden_changes.conf in Gluon.

Remember that Gluon and partial workspaces don't consider cloaked.conf file. That's why you can't configure it from Gluon.

Regards,

Carlos.

I think there's a misunderstanding, I can edit /commit the hidden_changes.conf.. but I can't commit any files listed in hidden_changes.conf - since I can't seem them.

But it does make sense, right? If you add a file to the "hidden_changes.conf" it means that you don't want these changes to appear in the "Checkin changes" view proposed to be commited.

If you want to commit some changes in these files, temporary remove them from the "hidden_changes.conf".

Regards,

Carlos.

It would make sense that there would be an option in the tool - since I imagine the use case is a file you want to be able to be shared but most users changes are local only. There would still be people who would need to commit changes periodically. I guess temporarily hacking the file to not ignore the changes works, though little clunky for a tool like Gluon.

Mostly it would have been assets that are modified dynamically, programmatically while working in the editor but only committed once someone explicitly wanted to make the change shared.

An example might be something like a cache file, a global material.

Though it is understood to avoid this VC noise as much as possible. In any case I see that I can use Gluon and the main Plastic viewer on the same instance of the workspace so for now I'll just do it that way (switch tools). For some reason I thought I was unable to use the Plastic default Client on a workspace setup with Gluon.

Hi,

The Gluon workspace and the Plastic GUI workspaces structure are very different. If you try to update, checkin...from both it won't work. It's possible to convert a Gluon workspace to a Plastic GUI format and viceversa but it's not initially thought to do that on a daily basis. We normally recommend to keep separated workspaces if you plan to use both GUIs.

Regards,

Carlos.