Identical file keeps showing up in pending

Del

Hey,

I have a problem where the GvhProjectSettings.xml keeps showing up in pending changes even though the file is identical.

Capture.thumb.PNG.b4e44eafe5c5d8fcd332b1ef8331ef6d.PNGCapture2.PNG.ffc50aae85d188d4aa8505c4653363cd.PNG

Has anyone else seen a problem like this and know the solution to not have this show up in pending  changes constantly?

Hi,

- If you configure the diff to ignore EOL and Whitespaces, does the file still appear?

- Did the file timestamp change? In the Plastic GUI --> Preferences --> Other options --> Check content (hash) when the file timestamp is modified. If you enable this setting, does the file still appear?

Regards,

Carlos.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same problem. I set it to Ignore EOLs and Whitespaces, and Check content (hash) [etc] and it still shows the file. I restart PlasticSCM (because I've seen some prefs that don't update until then) and the problem persists.

This is for a scene file in Unity. There is only one revision of it in the history (because it really doesn't change). I used "Save this revision as..." to save a copy of it from history. Then I did an md5sum on that and the "changed" file. The checksums are identical.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We're seeing this on our project too.

Partially for files that something in Unity just touches when it opens (like the mentioned GvhProjectSettings.xml , which we ended up putting in the ignore list), but more importantly it also does it with a bunch of materials.

We modify the materials when we hit Play in Unity, then we reset them when stopping. We reset them correctly, since Plastic correctly indicates they are unchanged (and identical at the bottom), but it still wants me to check them in?

914736541_Screenshot2020-10-31at10_50_33PM.thumb.png.4634824b25354677caf9a3192da813f5.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. Can you please let us know if there is any correlation between the files affected and whether you are only seeing this issue on one project or many?

Do you have any reproducible steps?

is it happening with a Unity project using the plugin?

Regards,

Carlos.

• 3 months later...
On 5/1/2021 at 1:03 AM, calbzam said:

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. Can you please let us know if there is any correlation between the files affected and whether you are only seeing this issue on one project or many?

Do you have any reproducible steps?

is it happening with a Unity project using the plugin?

Regards,

Carlos.

Hello.

First, thank you for fixing the issue with shelves freezing Rider UI (that I have reported in other thread)

I also have been suffering from this issue, and I found some clues.

SNAG_2021-08-25_16_51_45.thumb.png.333390b31216ff7781696a5fae01f979.png

SNAG_2021-08-25_17_01_55.thumb.png.d4df12103b401a8c32d1d4dc5353a634.png

This issue seems to happen mostly when Unity modifies or saves files automatically. (files like .mat, .controller etc.)

And there seems to be something with PlasticSCM's line ending recognition.

As you can see in the picture above,

PSCM GUI client says the files are identical, but the PSCM Rider plugin says that 'Contents have differences only in line separators'.

The PSCM Rider plugin recognized that the line endings changed from CRLF to LF, but the line endings are actually LF in both of the two revisions.

SNAG_2021-08-25_17_24_15.png.fbdd79bec29939ddbd7be2f72163b02e.png

I have double checked all revisions of the file, but the line endings have always been LF.

In summary,

1) PSCM Rider plugin misrecognized the line endings of previous revision.

2) Some rules(and options with it) might be needed to decide whether two files are identical in case only line endings are changed.

I hope this will help to solve the issue.

• 1 year later...