Remote web admin for linux

Hi

Is there a way to set up web admin for remote access in linux?
I've followed the steps to install the newest version of plastic scm, and I would like to be able to access the web admin remotely.
What steps do I need to take to set plastic up for remote access to the web admin?
I can access the web admin locally, and I can connect through the plastic scm program on port 8087.

If there is anything i can do i would love to hear it.

Hi Carlos, thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think I have any firewall settings that should block plastic.
I've tried to expicitly open the firewall for port 7178 with sudo

iptables -A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 7178 -j ACCEPT

but it made no difference.

Do you know which commands i could use to check if the port is open and allowing access?

Hi,

Please let me know if the folloiwng helps:

It is completely doable to acces a server remotely - you just need to use the secure port. By default it is 7179, and it requires your Plastic SCM server to listen in a SSL port as well (as it uses the same certificate). Let me elaborate:

You see, starting in release 9.0.16.4392, we changed how the WebAdmin listens to requests. The ports I'm going to talk about are defined in server.conf (but might not appear if you use their default value).

• Port WebAdminToolPort (by default 7178) listens ONLY through HTTP, and attends only requests from localhost. This cannot be changed, and it works this way to prevent security issues.
  • Port WebAdminToolSslPort (by default, 7179) listens ONLY through HTTPS, and attends requests both from localhost and any other origin.

The WebAdmin starts its 7179 port ONLY if you also have a SSL port defined in your network.conf. This is because the WebAdmin uses the same certificate as the "regular" Plastic SCM server ports. You can add an SSL port by editing your network.conf file and adding the "security" property to the port you want to securize.

[
  {
    "port": 8084
  },
  {
    "security": "ssl",
    "port": 8085
  }
]

Let me know if you could access your Plastic SCM server!

Regards,

Carlos.

It did unfortunately not. I've commented on that post as well asking for help as I can't find the network.conf file.
As far as i can find in remoting.conf i should have set up for ssl at port 8088, but it did not generate a network.conf file as the docs says it should. If i make a network.conf file and place in the same folder as remoting.conf it seems to be ignored.
Is there a way to force it to use network.conf? If i delete remoting it stop listening at all.