Sign in to follow this  
sacb0y

Ludiq Bolt and Plastic conflict Antlr3.runtime

PrecompiledAssemblyException: Multiple precompiled assemblies with the same name Antlr3.Runtime.dll included or the current platform. Only one assembly with the same name is allowed per platform. Assembly paths: 
Assets/Ludiq/Assemblies/Antlr3.Runtime.dll
Assets/Plugins/PlasticSCM/Editor/PlasticLib/Antlr3.Runtime.dll
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules.ValidateAndGetNameToPrecompiledAssembly (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.PrecompiledAssembly[] precompiledAssemblies) (at <d3ff43e972b043d1b3f49905ec5da738>:0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules.ToScriptAssemblies (System.Collections.Generic.IDictionary`2[TKey,TValue] targetAssemblies, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.ScriptAssemblySettings settings, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules+CompilationAssemblies assemblies, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1[T] runUpdaterAssemblies) (at <d3ff43e972b043d1b3f49905ec5da738>:0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules.GetAllScriptAssemblies (System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[TKey,TValue] allSourceFiles, System.String projectDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.ScriptAssemblySettings settings, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules+CompilationAssemblies assemblies, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1[T] runUpdaterAssemblies, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules+TargetAssemblyType onlyIncludeType) (at <d3ff43e972b043d1b3f49905ec5da738>:0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation.GetAllScriptAssembliesOfType (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.ScriptAssemblySettings settings, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorBuildRules+TargetAssemblyType type) (at <d3ff43e972b043d1b3f49905ec5da738>:0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation.CompileCustomScriptAssemblies (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.ScriptAssemblySettings scriptAssemblySettings, System.String tempBuildDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorScriptCompilationOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup platformGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget platform) (at <d3ff43e972b043d1b3f49905ec5da738>:0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilation.CompileCustomScriptAssemblies (UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorScriptCompilationOptions options, UnityEditor.BuildTargetGroup platformGroup, UnityEditor.BuildTarget platform) (at <d3ff43e972b043d1b3f49905ec5da738>:0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface+<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<CompileCustomScriptAssemblies>b__0 () (at <d3ff43e972b043d1b3f49905ec5da738>:0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface.EmitExceptionAsError[T] (System.Func`1[TResult] func, T returnValue) (at <d3ff43e972b043d1b3f49905ec5da738>:0)
UnityEditor.Scripting.ScriptCompilation.EditorCompilationInterface:CompileCustomScriptAssemblies(EditorScriptCompilationOptions, BuildTargetGroup, BuildTarget)

This appears to be causing a critical error for me. But it was fine in Unity 2019.4.1, when I upgraded to Unity 2019.4.9 I had a problem like this before then, but i solved it but closing and reopening Unity hub. 

EDIT: I removed "editor" from the bolt version of the file, which seemed to fix the error but bolt seems to be fussing at me about it...

Hi,

It seems this library is trying to be loaded from two locations. Removing any of them should help.

But, is this "Lidiq Bolt" somthing included in your current Unity version or something external you have installed?

Regards,

Carlos.

Ok so updon deleting the Plastic SCM folder, Doozy works immediately, for some reason there's a serious conflict with my project and the errors aren't giving me much info on why. 😕

I do get this error (before i removed the asset), but thats about it. 

image.thumb.png.96ca98a795509f912b0133f49733273a.png

These are the errors doozy gave me before deleting plastic

unknown.png?width=960&height=130

Ok,  thanks for sharing this detailed information. In order to reproduce the issue, we need to use 2019.4.9 and then just install the two packages taht you mention above?

Regards,

Carlos.

I think so, but to be honest because I don't get a definitive error, I can't be certain of the root cause. It's my guess these errors could be caused by some other conflict.

This happens in 2020 as well. The unusual thing is that we put the same changeset on three different computers all running 2020.1.12 and the Antlr3.Runtime error only happens on one of them.

Hi @lrg_steven, just to clarify, is this the asset that is causing the conflict? https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/visual-scripting/bolt-163802

I guess you have also installed the Plastic SCM plugin? https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/utilities/plastic-scm-plugin-for-unity-beta-169442

And you have 3 computer with the same installed packages but the issue is happening in just a specific one?

Regards,

Carlos.

Correct. We don't understand the unusual behaviour either. The packages are all installed in the same project in the same repo and the three machines have pulled from that repo.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

Problem:
Error message "Multiple precompiled assemblies..."

Workaround:

This error message is complaining about duplicate assemblies within the solution. Deleting one of the DLLs should be enough to workaround this.

In my test...

• Plastic SCM Plugin (Version 1.2) had Assembly version 3.5.0.2 of Antlr3.Runtime.dll
  • Bolt Plugin (Version 1.4.13) had Assembly version 3.1.3.22795 of Antlr3.Runtime.dll.

After removing the older DLL both plugins continued to work as expected.

Solution:

We are currently working on moving the Plastic SCM plugin to be its very own self contained package managed in the Package Manager, which should alleviate incompatibility errors such as this.

Hope this information proves helpful!

@sacb0y, I have not been able to reproduce the errors you are receiving with the DoozyUI plugin (Tested with version 3.1.3 of DoozyUI plugin and Version 1.2 of Plastic SCM plugin). I suspect that the error is unrelated to the Plastic SCM plugin and you may get better support from the developer of the asset.