How to prevent unchanged .meta files to be listed in Pending Changes?

Anton

How to prevent unchanged .meta files to be listed in Pending Changes?

In my preferences I has "Check content (hash) when the file timestamp is modified..." CHECKED.

And in Pending Changes options I has "Check the content to determine files are changed, not just timestamp" CHECKED too.

But meta files are still marked as changed and can be wiped out with "Undo unchached" command succefully.

What is going on?

image.thumb.png.7a78c38741575532376eefb6fc1fcd16.png

Thanks for getting back to me.

After taking a closer look at your screenshot, I can see that the script and meta files are both checked out (orange symbol). They appear in the pending changes list, even if they are not modified, because you have "Show Checkouts" checked.

The only way I could produce this behaviour was by checking out a script file using the legacy Plastic SCM Unity Plugin (Project Settings > Editor > Version Control > Plastic SCM), this checked out the meta file along with the script file.

image.png

If you are interested in an Editor integrated solution, please take a look at the new plugin available on the Asset Store.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

I think the issue is, the Unity asset / plugin is marking everything as "Check out", so it forces us to commit even unchanged "changes".

What's worse, marking things as "checked out" cancels out ignore rules. There are a bunch of files that are put in SteamingAssets when I build, files that should be ignored, but with the plugin marking them as "Checked out" Plastic wants me to upload them.