Plastic SCM CLI Examples

tom.peters

Good Day -

I have the CLI document, but I was wondering if there are any examples available. I ask, primarily, because I need to be able to checkin/checkout via the CLI but make sure that security is in effect. For example, if a developer wants to checkin via the CLI, does the CLI accept logon information or does it only use the Plastic SCM Client Configuration?

I noticed that I am able to issue CLI commands through the DOS prompt without providing any logon/password info which makes me believe it uses the Plastic SCM Client Configuration. I need a way for multiple developers to be able to use the same PC and perform checkin/checkout from the CLI, but through their own logon's.

Does the CLI accept logon/password info per command? IE: cm <logon/password> co "C:\MyCode\myclass.cs"

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi Tom!

I have the CLI document, but I was wondering if there are any examples available. I ask, primarily, because I need to be able to checkin/checkout via the CLI but make sure that security is in effect. For example, if a developer wants to checkin via the CLI, does the CLI accept logon information or does it only use the Plastic SCM Client Configuration?

The CLI gets the configuration from the client.conf file. The good news is that you can have more than one client.conf if you specify the right one with -clientconf param. Example: cm ls -clientconf=myclient.conf

This way you can have as many configuration as you like.

noticed that I am able to issue CLI commands through the DOS prompt without providing any logon/password info which makes me believe it uses the Plastic SCM Client Configuration. I need a way for multiple developers to be able to use the same PC and perform checkin/checkout from the CLI, but through their own logon's.

Ok, but even if you've multiple users on the same PC... they'll use different accounts, won't they? If so, they'll have different client.conf files...

Let me know if it helped!

pablo

Archived