Files wrongly identified as "Moved/Renamed"

Panos

Hi,

I'm using Plastic SCM Cloud v.9.0.16.4567 with Unity 2020.1.2f1 (without the Unity plugin), on Windows 10 PC.

I removed 3 binary (.fbx) files from my Unity project, by deleting them inside the Assets folder inside Unity.  In the "Pending Changes", I found 2 of these files as having been renamed, and the 3rd moved to another directory and renamed (similarity about 99%+).  This is wrong and I don't know how to handle it.  The "destination" files that Plastic thinks they represent a move or a rename, do actually exist but they are completely different .fbx files to the deleted ones.

Additionally, the relative .meta files of these 3 files have been correctly identified as deleted in the "Pending Changes".

How can I tel Plastic that these 3 .fbx files have neither been moved nor renamed, but just deleted?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Did you perform this changes via the Unity plugin or in the Windows explorer? Because if you perform the changes directly in the Unity GUI, Plastic shouldn't need to match/guess the changes and all the moved/renamed items should be correct.

If you disable the "Find moved and renamed files and directories", does it help?

image.png

Regards,

Carlos.

• Thanks 1

Actually, I don't have the Unity plugin installed yet, as it only became compatible for Unity 2020.1+ just a few days ago. Also, I didn't delete the files from Windows Explorer.  I deleted them while inside the Unity environment, so that Unity can track the changes properly.

In any case, your suggestion to disable the "Find moved and renamed files and directories" worked! After disabling, Plastic added the 3 files to the "Deleted items" category, along with their respective .meta files, which is actually the expected behavior.

Thank again!!!