Migration from MySQL to jet failing with likely MySQL error.

Lumz

We're in the mist of moving a old plasticscm server backed by a MySQL database over to a different machine using a newer version of the plastic server backed by JET.

The problem we have is that it prints "The guid for the object 564891 has not been found." for one of the projects and doesn't create the package as intended. When I look into the MySQL db (right rep_xxx) I can find that number in the columns revisionmerge.fidsourcerevision and revisionmerge.fiddestinationrevision but not anywhere else. I guess somehow a foreign key was broken.

Should we simply edit the db to remove those entries ? It also seem that there are references from those entries into linkrealization. What else can we do ?

Regards.

Hi,

- Are you getting this error running a Plastic replica? It seems to be some database problem in this repo. You can try to edit the dabase entries but please create a backup first so we can alwaysb recover the current version.

- Have you tried to migrate these databases to Jet via the webadmin?

PD: Do you have a commertial Plastic license?

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi,

Yes commercial plastic license.

Plastic replica ? What is it ? I don't believe we do.

I've tried to edit, but didn't succeed. The Guid is not present in any of the fields of the database yet the error remains. I've restored everything after that.

We've tried to migrate using cm from the old mysql to the new server using JET and it ends with EOF error.

Also tried to create a package using cm and this is where the error with the GUID appeared.

Hi,

- How are you peorforming the migration to Jet? Are you doing it via the server webadmin panel? 

- What is the size of the database of the issued repo?

We've tried to migrate using cm from the old mysql to the new server using JET and it ends with EOF error.

- I guess you are using "cm replicate", right? Could you attach the server logs so we can review the error when you are trying to replicate the repo to the new server?

Regards,

Carlos.