Please save which sync view is selected over sessions

Xarbrough

I'd appreciate if the Plastic SCM GUI would save the selected sync view (see the blue box selection in the screenshot).

Not sure how common this is, but in my team's workflow we usually have a decentralized cloud repository and each developer has a local repo + workspace and sync view for each project. Usually, we only work at a single project a time, so we would select the project's sync view, push/pull changes, then switch to the branch explorer, then to pending changes and back to sync view. This is the cycle repeated multiple times each day. However, when the GUI is closed, the selected sync view is lost and returns to the first sync view in the list, so I have to select e.g. the last item again. It's been bugging a few of our developers lately and I think it wouldn't be too much hassle to save the selection state.

SyncView.jpg

Hi,

Why don't you create just one single sync view to sync all your local repos with the cloud repos so you don't need to switch from one to the other? I think it would be faster for handling the sync workflow.

Even with that,  I agree that it would be great to save the last opened sync view.

Regards,

Carlos.

Ah right, I think this would make it easier to push/pull projects which I'm working on at the same time, however if I would add all projects to the same sync view, the "Pull visible" button would download changes from all of the referenced repositories, right?

In my workflow I usually work on one or two project at the same time (for a couple of weeks) and then move on to a different project. However, sometimes I still need to check out a different project for a few days, so I don't want to delete my sync views in case I need them again quickly.

I think, if the last selection would be saved, I could cover all my needs. A "Latest Projects" sync view that is selected by default and pulls the current repositories, then a few other sync views for older projects that are needed from time to time.