"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084"

I recently created a PlasticSCM account and I am in the step of creating a new distributed Plastic Cloud repository. I prefer this since I am more familiar with Git way. However, whenever I tried to create it, I encounter the following errors

No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084

oNwxB.png

When I try to go into PlasticSCM window, it always shows the following warning message saying "Cannot connect to the Plastic SCM server".

image.thumb.png.574c28423cb7d09b9bbc04c33cdbffde.png

How should I proceed here? Thank you.

Hi,

That error means that the client is not able to reach the local server. Keep in mind that to allow you to work on a distributed way, Plastic installs a localm server in your machine.

Can you check that the PlasticSCM service is up and running in the Windoes services panel?

Best,

Héber.

• 4 months later...

FWIW,

I got this same message when setting up a Jenkins build server w/PlasticSCM plugin on a GCP Windows Server 2019 vm, to run Plastic Cloud edition.  On the same instance, running the PlasticSCM GUI gave me an "Unable to connect to PlasticSCM" error, even though the Preferences->check credentials worked correctly.

Based on Héber's response above, I looked for the PlasticSCM service in the task manager, and found that "Plastic SCM server" and "Plastic Change Tracker" services were listed as Stopped.  Once i started them, both the GUI and build errors went away :).  I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else runs into similar problems.

FYI: this is how the Jenkins log reported the initial error:

Running as SYSTEM
Building in workspace C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\my-unity
[root] $ cm workspace list --format={wkname}#{path}#{wkid}
my-unity#c:\Users\admin\wkspaces\my-unity#19ed8bdf-02e2-4084-8f71-0383e703d558
[root] $ cm workspace create jenkins_519ee701354b49b7b92ba7aff5d99d3a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\my-unity\root" "--selector=C:\Program Files (x86)\Jenkins\workspace\my-unity\root\selector5933500470485475368.txt"
Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:8084