Git sync and Git LFS bandwith

tbernard

Hello everyone,

I'm new to plasticSCM and I'm trying to sync my github repo to be able to fully work on plasticSCM in the future.
There is one problem with Git LFS while following the sync guide in the last part of the export I got the following message :

"An error occurred while contacting GitHub LFS: This repository is over its data quota. Account responsible for LFS bandwith should purchase more data packs to restore access.. You can disable the Git LFS support from the command line (cm syunc) unsing the '--skipgitlfs' option."

I went on Github to buy more bandwith on LFS while noticing that my current usage was 0Gb on 1Gb. You can buy LFS for stacks of 50Gb for 5$ and that's what I did. I restarted the whole process on an empty new project and I had the exact same result.
Just in case I also redid the whole process with command lines to have the exact same result and same error message.

Finally, I disabled LFS using the command in the error message to download the whole project while loosing my LFS files... This worked but I lost my LFS versioned files which is not the result intended.

Is there a way for me to restore those LFS files in plastic for every versions of the files?

Is there a way to simply sync the Github repo with the LFS files?

PS. : 4 files are concerned by LFS totaling about 3.5 to 4.5 Gb of data on every different versions (80mb to 125mb files on about 20 different versions).

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).png

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Capture d’écran 2021-02-02 144501.png

Hi,

If you are pulling from GitHub to Plastic, I don't understand why it complains about the GitHub quota. My only guess is GitHub also has a quota to download data (because you are not writing new revisions in the git side). Not sure if the GitHub support can provide some info about why this error could happen in a GitHub LFS repo :$

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos and thank you for your answer,

I'll forward my question to Github forums to see if they have any ideas.

Just in case, do you know if it is possible to break the gitsync into smaller parts ? I have 4 branches and about 1 000 commits which might cause an overload.
Branch per branch ? Until a certain commit ?

Regards,

Thomas.

Hi,

Just in case, do you know if it is possible to break the gitsync into smaller parts ? I have 4 branches and about 1 000 commits which might cause an overload.
Branch per branch ? Until a certain commit ?

I'm afraid GitSync only supports syncing the full repo history.

Regards,

Carlos.

My problem is solved. I don't know if you need to mark it up in the topic or something ? @calbzam

The problem was completely on Github and LFS side (and mostly on mine) since there are multiple LFS bandwidth to check with Github.

If you happen to have the same problem, make sure you check both personal LFS bandwidth and organization LFS bandwidth. It is a bit unclear when any of those are consumed since in the day to day usage, my personal one was reacting and when I wanted to gitsync, the organization one was...

Bandwidth for LFS : https://docs.github.com/en/github/setting-up-and-managing-billing-and-payments-on-github/viewing-your-git-large-file-storage-usage#viewing-storage-and-bandwidth-usage-for-an-organization

Thank you Carlos for the help,

Regards,

Thomas.