Automated Builds

Gautam

I am trying to check options in Plastic SCM and also see if I can do automated builds directly on cloud. However I didn't see any specific feature or documentation about it. I do see some info about how to setup jenkins but there were a few questions I wanted to clarify :-

1. Does this happen on the cloud. 

2. What is the cost for building it in the cloud. Is it covered in the regular price or is it additional cost. 

3. Are there other options apart from Jenkins. 

4. Is the option available in the free user plan to evaluate it ?

Hi Gautam,

Plastic has plugins to integrate with multiple CI tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo) but at the end of the day, you will need to use one of these services to run the builds.

Jenkins is open source and free so could install it and use the Plastic SCM plugin to run your builds:

https://plugins.jenkins.io/plasticscm-plugin/

Regards,

Carlos.

56 minutes ago, calbzam said:

Hi Gautam,

Plastic has plugins to integrate with multiple CI tools (TeamCity, Jenkins, Bamboo) but at the end of the day, you will need to use one of these services to run the builds.

Jenkins is open source and free so could install it and use the Plastic SCM plugin to run your builds:

https://plugins.jenkins.io/plasticscm-plugin/

Regards,

Carlos.

So If my understanding is right, we install jenkins and we use the plugins and set it up on a machine and host it locally or on some server.

There are no settings in any area within Plastic SCM where I can just enable jenkins and not worry about the installation and setup of jenkins etc and use it.