umtool has gone missing after update (linux server)

We had an issue last week where our in house PlasticSCM server stopped responding (running on an AWS EC2 instance under RHEL7).  We have had this issue several times over the last few weeks, so we decided to do a yum update on the server.

After this update (9.0.16.5075) the server was rebooted.  This is where thing deveate from normal. Long story short, the update changed a bunch of settings, seemingly at random and it took about 2 hours to get the server back to usable.

Fast forward a week and I need to add 3 new users to the server.  I shelled into the server and ran umtool to see how many licences were left and got this

[ec2-user@ip-10-0-0-6 plasticscm5]$ umtool
-bash: umtool: command not found

digging a little deeper and we get this

[ec2-user@ip-10-0-0-6 plasticscm5]$ ls -Rl | grep umtool
[ec2-user@ip-10-0-0-6 plasticscm5]$

So basically, umtool appears to have totally dissapeared from the plasticscm install directory.  Does anyone happen to know what package this is actually in? Options I have are as follows

[ec2-user@ip-10-0-0-6 plasticscm5]$ sudo yum --disablerepo="*" --enablerepo="plasticscm-stable" list available
Loaded plugins: amazon-id, search-disabled-repos
Available Packages
plasticscm-client-complete.noarch                                                       9.0.16.5140-1.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-client-core.x86_64                                                           9.0.16.5140-2.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-client-gtk.noarch                                                            9.0.16.5140-1.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-cloud.noarch                                                                 9.0.16.5140-2.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-complete.noarch                                                              9.0.16.5140-1.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-dvcs.noarch                                                                  9.0.16.5140-2.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-mono4-devel.x86_64                                                           4.6.2-1.4                                                        plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-proxy-server.noarch                                                          9.0.16.5140-2.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-proxy-server-netcore.x86_64                                                  9.0.16.5140-2.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-server-complete.noarch                                                       9.0.16.5140-1.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-server-core.x86_64                                                           9.0.16.5140-2.1                                                  plasticscm-stable
plasticscm-theme.noarch                                                                 9.0.16.5140-2.1                                                  plasticscm-stable

I don't want to attempt further maintence on the system till I can be sure I will get umtool back as this is the ONLY way we can see what licences are used.  There have been issues with changing peoples names in the WebInterface and it then using 2 licences for one person in the past (the company changed it's naming convention, but we've not switched everyone over yet), so we keep a fairly close eye on this.  Without umtool I am pretty stuck as we can't disable licenced users that are no longer needed.

Hi,

-The "umtool" is currently deprecated. With the new server versions:

[New]

Server: the user management command line tool, UmTool, is now available as a subcommand of plasticd.

To manage your users and groups, you can now run:
[console]
c:/> plasticd umtool
[/console]

The arguments to umtool remain unchanged.

- Note that the "umtool" allows to manage users but it's not userful to manage the licenses. We explain how you can manage the licenses in the following link:

http://blog.plasticscm.com/2016/01/how-to-manage-plastic-scm-licenses.html

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Carlos.

• Thanks 1