Version 5201 is broken for me

JEP

I upgraded to 5201 for me (I was probably about 10 revs back). I instantly started getting problems. Various functions like changeset views, incoming changes, etc. would just spin and spin. On Incoming Changes, I would choose an action for one file and then try to change it for the second one, and it'd tell me the background task (the setting for the first one) was still going. Never ran into that before. Then after a few seconds, I could change it. I tried restarting it and it had the same issues. Even clicking the "check credentials" button would take many seconds before it gave a result (before it was almost instant). I tried pull incoming changes, and it hung on the last two files even though I left it up for minutes. I finally had to kill plastic.

That was the last straw, at which point I installed the rev previous to 5201. That works like a charm (as it always had before). I have to wonder if the code change that allowed Unity IDs to work didn't mess something up.

Hi,

Could you reach us at support@codicesoftware.com?

In the GUI Preferences --> General, is the "Check Connection" working?

Are you using Windows/macOS/Linux?

We could even arrange a GoToMeeting session. We haven't been reported a similar issue after the last upgrade.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of reply, but I've just been swamped. I now don't think it's the specific version, but something else. I say that because a similar thing happened today, with the version I've been on for months (I rolled back after the above issue). It would take over a minute to list changesets/branches/etc. that usually came back in seconds. I tried restarting it and still the same. My bandwidth was plump and plentiful, but something was causing the operations to take forever. Some even timed out, or said they were dropped by the remote connection.

I finally rebooted my computer, and it worked. I'm not sure if that was indicative of a fix, or because enough time just went by that things cleared up. After all, the last time it was working again by the time I uninstalled the new version and installed the old one. And that didn't require a reboot.

I'm going to update to the latest version, and just see if it occurs again. If it does, I'll try a reboot and see if that clears it up. If not, I'll try to see if I can carve out some time to dig up logs and make a useful problem report.