Ask about Licence

txcom2003

Hi, I'm new user

I want to ask about community edition license. I't said that community license only for up to 15 users. But in Plastic SCM user management tool, i can create more than 15 users with community edition. So I don't understand what this "15 users" means here. Is that the number of concurrent connecting user in a time or what? Is it only related to distributed mode and does not affect the centralize mode?

Thanks before. 

Hi!

Yes, you can create more than 15 users but the umtoolgui is not in change of handling the licenses.

Check the "cm li" command to check the users having a license. When you reach the 15 users having a license the number 16 will not be able to commit.

Okay thanks for the reply manu!

So according to your explanantion, it seem that 15 users is the total number of users that connected to plastic scm server. So it's not about how many active user in a time. In this case if there are 15 different users that connected to server, the number 16 cannot commit although there are some users that are currently inactive or deleted. Is that correct?

I think I explained it bad.

Every time a new user performs a write operation to the server one license is consumed to allow him the operation, then the license is NOT released, so it's not about how many users are connected at one given moment, it's about how many user have consumed a license.

The "cm li" command will give you the Plastic SCM users consuming a license, if a Plastic user is not going to use the system anymore you can release the license consumed by him using the "cm du" command then a new user can take it.

Archived