What is the proper way to mark a file/folder to "not sync" for my entire team?

Gardenfiend Games

Hi guys, I have a folder that has some code files in it that get auto-regenerated every time we recompile. I want to remove this folder from being "controlled", so that it doesn't appear in our changes-list every single time we do anything. We don't need it to be synchronized/Controlled.

I see that the options are to use the Cloaked List, or the Hidden Changes list. Based on the definition of the Hidden Changes list, I assume it is the one I should be using.

Here is what is happening when I add a folder to the Hidden Changes list:
1) I right-click the folder and say "Add to Hidden Changes". I check the box that says "Apply rules to all workspaces" - does this mean it applies to all of my local workspaces for different projects, or that it applies it to everyone's workspace for this singular project/repository?

Side Note: Is this supposed to add an entry to hidden_changes.conf? I just tested it again, and it didn't... but when I REMOVED a folder that was set to Hidden (by right-clicking it and doing Remove From Hidden Changes) it added a !FolderName entry?

2) Then I continue on with what I'm doing, but the next time my teammate pushes a Checkin, it still includes all of those files from that folder. So the Hidden Change did not get applied to them. Do we have to all do it manually? I would think that I should be able to add the folder to the hidden_changes.conf, and since that is Controlled/synchronized, that it should get applied to everyone? But like I said earlier, when I do "Add to Hidden Changes" it doesn't actually add it to the hidden_changes.conf file. Is that a bug or am I misunderstanding?

3) Now the big annoying issue is that things get really screwy when I try to download my teammates updates. It downloads everything EXCEPT those files that I have marked as Hidden Changes, and it creates some sort of weird "partial merge branch" where I am stuck in purgatory. It shows that I still need to download/update those Hidden Change files, but when I try to download/update it just 'completes' the update and doesn't change anything. Those entries still show up as needing to be downloaded.

Could someone explain what the proper way to make this folder not be Controlled/synchronized for my entire team? Do we all need to individually right-click on it and set it to Hidden Changes? Or am I supposed to manually add it to the hidden_changes.conf file, which would then get pushed to the whole team? Why does right-click "Add to Hidden Changes" not affect the hidden_changes.conf file?

Thanks for the help, this issue has been stumping me for a while.