Error in Plastic SCM when moving workspace: "WorkspaceInfo cannot be null"

ForemanDesigns

Hello! I'm trying to move my workspace to a new directory via command line. That seems to work (the invisible .plastic folder is moved). I then copy all the files over to the new directory (since the project is huge and I don't want to redownload).

However, when opening Plastic SCM I'm faced with an error, "WorkspaceInfo cannot be null" and I can't use it.

When this happened, I tried a different method by creating a new workspace with the intended path, then copied the files, however then it said thousands of files were pending.

How can I properly move my workspace directory along with my local files, without having to redownload everything?

I'm basically having the same issue as this thread:

Hi,

Not sure if you are using the following command to move the workspace:

cm cwk --help

Anyway, if you are moving the workspaces files, you could delete the ".plastic" folder and create a new workspace on the new path. Plastic won't need to redownload the files from the repositoru as they are alredy in the new local path.

Regards,

Carlos.

8 hours ago, calbzam said:

Hi,

Not sure if you are using the following command to move the workspace:

cm cwk --help

Anyway, if you are moving the workspaces files, you could delete the ".plastic" folder and create a new workspace on the new path. Plastic won't need to redownload the files from the repositoru as they are alredy in the new local path.

Regards,

Carlos.

Hello Carlos,

Yes, I tried creating a new workspace and copying over the files into the new workspace (besides the .plastic folder). But then Plastic said thousands of files were pending.

After creating the new workspace, you need to switch your workspace to the desired branch. If the files are already on disk, it shouldn't need to redownload them again.

You need to switch the workspace to the same branch it was originally pointing.

Regards,

Carlos.