How can I use a second account or workspace that's separate from the company for my own use?

jsmccloud

Hello,

I'm using Gluon with a small game studio and really like it.  I also do a lot of other freelance stuff that's separate from the company and would like to use Gluon for my own use.  The thing is, I already am logged into their workspace and it's still an active project.

How can I set it up so that I can use Gluon for my own projects and at the same time keep it separate from the company's account and workspace so that I'm not using their space or accruing any charges on their account for my freelance work?

Hope that makes sense what I'm wanting to do.

Thanks!

Hi,

Plastic allows to create connection profiles so the same Plastic client is able to connect to multiple servers. Once the connection profile is created, you can create workspace pointing to both severs.

In order to create the connection profiles, please use the Plastic GUI:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gui/plastic-scm-version-control-gui-guide#TheConnecionProfilesTab

The connection profiles will be taken into account also when you try to create a workspace in Gluon.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been looking into this myself. I have connection profiles set up that allow me to access different servers using different Plastic profiles. However, when I check in a changeset to either of these servers, the owner of the changeset will always be shown as the email address I used to sign into Plastic upon installation, not the username on the connection profile. I don't know if this makes any actual functional difference, but I would like it to show the owner of my changesets as the username I'm using to actually access that particular repository, for the clarity of other users if nothing else.

The only way I know how to change this would be to uninstall Plastic SCM, reinstall and enter different login credentials then, but I have to imagine there's an easier way to do this.  My question is, is this possible? And as far as Códice is concerned, is this necessary?

Many thanks,

James