Plastic Cloud cannot connect to server after update

Hi there. Something went haywire with my plastic installation after upgrading to the latest version: 10.0.16.5432. The installation process itself gave an error saying Plastic SCM service could not be started.

Plastic.errors.log file contains the following:

2021-05-12 11:53:23,074   FATAL Daemon - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2021-05-12 12:19:44,632   FATAL Daemon - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Plastic.relevant.log:

2021-05-12 11:53:22,988   INFO  Daemon - Initialize Datalayer
2021-05-12 11:53:23,074   FATAL Daemon - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
2021-05-12 12:19:44,588   INFO  Daemon - Initialize Datalayer
2021-05-12 12:19:44,632   FATAL Daemon - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Trying to start the service manually with plasticd also produces a null reference error.

I can start the client just fine, check my credentials with the cloud server (they check out fine), but can't connect.

Please help.

Hi Carlos,

Downgrading did not work either. What finally solved the issue was uninstalling Plastic, manually deleting whatever leftovers remained in the installation folder under program files, and then reinstalling again. I'm perplexed why a routine software update could not sort this out without such intervention and cost me a day to figure out myself.

Hi,

Next time you are locked, please reach us at "support@codicesoftware.com" and we normally get connected with you very fast to fix the problem.

Also if you could attach the plastic.debug log, we would like to review them to understand what could be the problem.

Regards,

Carlos.