[New Feature] PlasticSCM Triggers are now available to be configured for Slack, Discord, and Webhooks.

Neha Khalwadekar

We are excited to announce PlasticSCM Triggers are now available to be configured for Slack, Discord, and Webhooks!!! This allows you to easily configure notifications for your teams. 

Highlights:
• Triggers can now be configured for your projects by navigating to Plastic cloud dashboard https://www.plasticscm.com/dashboard/.
• Admins of the organizations can now find a new option in the Configure dropdown called “Triggers”.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.02.19 PM.png

• You have the ability to choose between the Basic view and Advanced view

Basic view would help you to create notifications for all the repositories in the organization.

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.13.47 PM.png

The trigger creation and editing can also be done in bulk, you can create notifications for several actions at once. 🙌

• You can use the Advanced view, where the you will be able to see every trigger created from the console.

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 12.32.02 PM.png

Examples of Slack and Discord notifications (also supports plastic links) 

Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.13.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-25 at 2.14.06 PM.png

Feel free to reach us with any feedback in this thread.

• Like 1

• Neha Khalwadekar changed the title to [New Feature] PlasticSCM Triggers are now available to be configured for Slack, Discord, and Webhooks.
  • Neha Khalwadekar featured and unfeatured this topic

The Discord trigger doesn't seem to work?

No matter what settings I use with the trigger nothing ever gets posted to Discord.

EDIT: Okay so I've just created a new branch and for the first time I received an error within Plastic SCM regarding the trigger. After adding or deleting a branch I receive the following error:

The trigger after-rmbranch [after-rmbranchdiscord] failed.

{"message": "Cannot send an empty message", "code": 50006}.

I'm going to do a test checkin to see if that also returns an error now.

EDIT 2: Okay so it seems committing some files does now return an error too which is handy! Not sure what's changed since last night, because no errors were being returned previously. It's a good thing though, as it'll help diagnose the issue.

The error I received after running a checkin is the same as with the other triggers:

The trigger after-checkin [after-checkindiscord] failed.

{"message": "Cannot send an empty message", "code": 50006}.

The checkin did contain a comment, as did my previous tests so I'm not sure why the error is stating the trigger is trying to send an empty message?

EDIT 3: It's also worth noting that the errors don't popup when doing a checkin from within Unity using the Plastic SCM Plugin for Unity (beta) v1.4.2 so this could be why I hadn't seen these errors last night.

EDIT 4: Okay I've found a workaround, switching the triggers from Discord to the standard Webhook trigger in the cloud triggers interface (i.e. Delete Discord triggers and then add them again via Add Trigger > Webhook) seems to then work. The formatting of the message in Discord isn't great but at least the triggers are now being sent to Discord.

Edited by EiraChris
Added additional information (EDIT 4)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having some trouble with a distributed repository. It seems the checkin trigger only works in a non-distributed repository. I've tried to use the replicationwrite trigger because it seems to be used with Push operations, but it doesn't show checkin commit messages on Slack. Is there a way for a Push to trigger separate checkin triggers on the server, or for a Push trigger to list the checkin commit messages on that push so the bot can post all the messages in a Slack channel?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...