Moving back and forth in history?

Jashan Chittesh

I currently need to isolate an issue and to do that, I need to move back and forth in history, i.e. I need to go to specific changesets. Obviously, this can be done via the branch explorer by right-clicking a changeset and using "Switch workspace to this changeset". The problem with this is that it only works when there are no pending changes. So I basically need to shelve relevant changes (of which I have a few), undo all changes, then switch to the desired changeset, then run some processing to get back to a state where I can actually create a build (that's project specific, obviously - but that's how this project is set up).

Plastic has this nice feature to "Update workspace" to head. Is there a way to only advance a specific number of changesets with this? That would at least let me go forward in time conveniently. Or, what I'd actually need: Move forward and backwards one changeset at a time on the current branch. Is that possible?

Hi,

One option could automatize the operation via the "cm switch --help" command.

I guess you are also aware of the "Browse changeset" feature, right? This way, you can browse the changeset without undoing the workspace local changes.

Plastic Drive may be also useful for you: https://blog.plasticscm.com/2015/02/plasticdrive-dynamic-readonly.html

Regards,

Carlos.