Code review - Requested changes incorrectly displayed

dharillo

Lately, we are experimenting some issues with the code reviews. We make the code reviews for entire branches and when there are multiple change requests we try to fix each one in a single check-in. This one a review with 3 change requests will have three different changesets after the one where the review was done.

We've been working this way for months, and all worked fine. But, in recent versions of the client, after the first check-in closing a change request, double-clicking on the next pending change only opens the file where the comment was done. Double-clicking again navigates to the zone where the comment was done but the circle indicating the line where the comment was done does not appear and the right pane does not show the full review comment either.

Clicking on the "Revision with comments", "Last in branch" or "Diff with head" does not seem to fix it either.

We have tested this in the following client versions:

Our server version is: 9.0.16.4507

Hi @dharillo,

I assume that you are using an on-premise server. Please let me know if my assumption is incorrect.

The workflow you describe sounds like a perfectly valid one. I suspect that there is a very specific scenario which causes the Code Review to behave in this way.

Is this fairly easily reproducible? If you update your server to the latest version does the issue persist?

Hi @ollieblanks,

Yes, we have an on-premise server.

The problem is happening to three different people and has happened in more than one review. I think it is easily reproducible.

I have already asked our IT team to check if they can update the server version to the latest version and they are going to check it.

Also, they are going to contact you at your support e-mail, linking this post if you need more detailed information that I can not share in a public forum (like screenshots where our code may be visible).

• 10 months later...

We upgraded the server and the issue was solved. I think that the 3rd version number (which indicates server-client compatibility) should have been updated when the client stopped being fully compatible with the server.

The server may be compatible with older versions of the client when the 3rd version number matches. The other way is not always true. Some features that come in newer versions of the client require that the server is updated to match the client version sometimes.

• Like 1