How can I prevent selected group/users from changing Code Review status?

bub1ick

So, essentially I'm the "team lead" and one of my responsibilities is that I have to review code written by other programmers. The deal with that in Plastic is that I can't (at least I don't know how to) prevent regular programmers from changing the Code Review status.

As far as I understood from the documentation, I, as a reviewer, have to manually create code reviews for task branches of other programmers. That is quite different from what I am used to in GitHub, where authors of the branch create pull requests which team leads then review. But that's another story.

When it comes to GitHub, usually there's no way for authors to somehow influence the result of the pull request (their branch cannot be merged until the reviewer does that). Whereas in Plastic when either I or the author creates a Code Review on a branch, the author has an ability to change the status to "Reviewed", and therefore merge to main. To be clear, I've already set merge rule to "only allow merges when reviewed".

The question is said in the title and is quite straightforward. How can I restrict changing Review status to a group of people?

P.S. We use Cloud Edition.

Hi,

You can configure the merge permissions in the repo so even if somebody changes the code review status by mistake, they won't be able to merge the branch.

I'm afraid there is not specific permissions to prevent chanhing the code review status. Does it help?

Regards,

Carlos.

Well, I've implemented that workaround myself. I was just interested whether I didn't know something or the system didn't have that feature.

I hope such feature will be available in the future, because in my opinion this is crucial for development pipeline.