Client trigger not working on cloud server

Juan

Hi, I'm trying to setup a basic client trigger of type before-clientcheckin on a Plastic Cloud server, but it's never executed on the client, even when it's a client trigger.

cm trigger create before-clientcheckin "Basic ClientCheckin" "f:\demo\before_ci.bat" 

I have tried other client side triggers and they never get called. The trigger is created correctly

If I specify the server when creating the trigger with --server=myserver@cloud then I get the complain that cloud server only support webtrigger for security reasons. Which makes sense for the server side triggers, but I think the restriction should not apply to the client side triggers.

If I setup a trigger of type webtrigger on the cloud server, it gets called, but I just want to execute a simple bat file on the client machine to do basic checks like ensuring the format of the file is correct.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Juan

• 3 months later...

Hi Carlos,

Is there any update on when we might expect to see this feature? This is quite a critical feature for us as we want to run some automated scripts when the user updates their workspace. We can do this with the distributed setup with a local server and sync view but the scripts we want to run are specifically for the less technical members of the team who use the cloud repo directly.

I am currently running 10.0.16.6089 - do you have an eta on when we might expect to see this feature as we're past summer now!

Cheers,
Tom

Hi Carlos,

This doesn't seem to be the case. I have a couple of test batch scripts that just create a folder just to test for the after-setselector and after-update triggers. With my local repository, when I switch to a different changeset the batch files are triggered and the test folders are created. However when I do the same thing on my cloud repository those folders don't get created which suggests that those scripts aren't running or are at least having some issues. As stated I am running a version later than the one you posted so I assume it should be functional in that version. Where would I find logs to help try and diagnose the issue better?

Another thought is that I was running an older version of Plastic SCM until yesterday and had actually set up some triggers on that before realising they weren't supported on that version for cloud repos. After updating I removed those triggers and created new ones but not sure if that could be relevant in some way (the repo was created in the older version of plastic although I'd like to think that shouldn't be an issue).

Thank
Tom

Hi,

I can make it work. Please use a very simple trigger for testing purposes. 

1.  Create a trigger:

eg:

cm mktrigger after-clientcheckin test C:\tmp\trigger.bat --server=PlasticSCMSupport@cloud
Trigger created on position 1.

2. This is my trigger content and the output file to confirm it was run:

image.png

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the reply. It was the --server argument that I was missing. Adding that in gets my test trigger working correctly (although in my case i replace the plasticscmsupport@cloud with our own cloud repo).

I presume this means that on a machine where I have both distributed and centralised repos I will need to set up 2 sets of triggers, 1 for each server type?

Thanks
Tom