'Add to Plastic SCM' options missing in Eclipse

snoopstah

I've recently upgraded Plastic SCM (I was using an old 3.x version!) and since then, I'm unable to add files to Plastic SCM via Eclipse -- the add options are missing from the Team menu, as in the example below (I'd just created this empty .java file via Eclipse and tried to add it via the Team menu):

plasticscm.jpg

I'm still able to add the files via the Items action in the Plastic SCM client, by moving them from 'Private' to 'Controlled', and when I've done so, everything else in Eclipse appears to work correctly (file changes are tracked and I can check in changes, etc.).  Any idea why this option is not showing up for me in Eclipse?  It may be simply due to me misunderstanding how the Eclipse plugin should now be used, compared to the old version I had, but the documentation does suggest these options should still be present and are the correct approach to take.

Versions:

Plastic SCM: 5.0.44.577 - Ceuta

Eclipse: Luna Release (4.4.0)

Eclipse 'Plastic SCM commands Core': 4.0.0

Eclipse 'Plastic SCM plugin': 4.0.44577

Many thanks in advance!

Hi!

Well, now the "Pending changes" view is smarter in Plastic SCM 5 and a lot of operation are done through it.

If you click in "Checkin pending changes" the pending-to-be-added item will be listed and then you can commit it.

post-112-0-29624900-1405585334_thumb.png

BTW, did you notice the integrated branch explorer????

post-112-0-03242200-1405585360_thumb.png

Aha! Got it, that's awesome, thank you, and thanks for the quick reply too!

Just been playing with the built-in branch explorer, that's very cool! Looks like I can do pretty much every day-to-day operation directly from within Eclipse now, nice!

Archived