Git Sync Error safe handle has been closed

Fatih

Hi, 
I want to move my plastic repo to empty git repo with all commit and branch history. When I tried with gitsync, I was able to successfully migrate a project with few commits. But when I try to migrate a large repo it shows "safe handle has been closed" pop-up after passing the first stage.

An error was raised by libgit2. Category = Odb (Error).
Object not found - failed to find pack entry (412cafb12376dcf12d0b98463d7f59c9cee3e0c3)
it prints such a log.

As a solution "git config --global pack.window 0" such things are suggested but where should I do this or is there any other reason or solution to this problem? Thank you.

Plastic version: 10.0.16.5533
Device: MacBook Pro m1

Hi,
It worked successfully for a project that I could not sync before. Thank you. But when I tried it in a larger project, ~5000 commit / ~3gb gave an error at the end of the upload phase. it say "unable to write data to the transport connections. The connection was forcibly closed by the remote server"

Fatih

Hi,
I'm trying to push from plastic to git sync with git. I'm trying to push 2.8 gb files in total. When the upload reached 2gb, it gave an error. Yesterday I successfully pushed a smaller size project from the same computer. The last part of the logs is here. Thanks.

Hi,

Are you pushing to GitHub? Does the repo have big binary files?

It seems the git destination server is abroting the operation and I've seen it in the past happening when the file size was bigger than the supported one. 

Not sure if you can try a different service like GitLab, Google Cloud...

Regards,

Carlos.

• 11 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 4:46 AM, calbzam said:

Hi,

Are you pushing to GitHub? Does the repo have big binary files?

It seems the git destination server is abroting the operation and I've seen it in the past happening when the file size was bigger than the supported one. 

Not sure if you can try a different service like GitLab, Google Cloud...

Regards,

Carlos.

Is there any form of workaround to synching to GitHub with a Plastic Repo that contains large binary files? My project contains a UI elements pack and can be successfully controlled by github using LFS and Plastic, but I don't have a way of syncing the repos together.