Handling a deleted files is a real pain for a noob.

Ali

Hello
I want to share a user experience as a someone who is quite new to Plastic.
In UNITY, It's easy to delete a script without having an error. Then, after a while, you may find out that it has been added to a prefab. So you need to get it back.
I coudn't find an easy way to do it using Plastic.

If I delete a whole directore, the file is not listed in a change list and using Find Option did not find it.

I have tried "cm find removed" but it didn't work. I had "Not on workspace. "on repositories" clause is needed on the query."

I ended up, switching workspace to the previous changesets, untile the file did pop up. 
I'm prette sure this is not the way it siude be done. 

Maybe I'm missing something,  please correct me. If not, well, I'm sorry to say it, but handling deleted files is worse than in Collab, made by Unity...

Best Regards

• Like 1

Hi @Ali,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I agree with you that undeleting files within the Plastic SCM client is not as intuitive as it could be. I will make sure to address this feedback with the team.

Gluon, our simplified client for artists, actually has a cool feature where you can easily undelete files. To use this,

1. Open the Gluon client
  2. Create a new Gluon workspace or switch your workspace to a Gluon workspace by running an update
  3. Navigate to the Checkin Changes view and click the Undelete button
  4. Select the file(s) you wish to undelete and check in the changes

Hope this information is helpful to you and improves your experience next time you need to resurrect files! :)

• Thanks 1