Is "source" and "destination" backwards in the sync view?

Andrew Moffat

Bear with me if this is a silly question and I am just not understanding something. When I set up a sync view to sync from Cloud to local, I had been setting the "source" as the Cloud and the "destination" as local. However, it never worked. Today, for fun, I swapped them around and made local the "source" and Cloud the "destination", and it worked as expected (see attached image) and I was able to "pull" everything from Cloud down to my local.

Making local as the source and Cloud as the destination is extremely counter-intuitive. Is this a bug with the UI or is there an explanation for this naming convention? Thanks.

plasticscm.jpg

Hi Carlos. In that case, "local" and "remote" would be much better names for these things. "Source" means that is where data is coming from. "Destination" means that is where data is going towards. It is very confusing with the current naming scheme. Are you able to put in the request to have this naming scheme re-evaluated? If anyone else is reading it like I did, it will save them many hours of work reading through the debug logs and trying to figure out why the sync view isn't working.

• Like 1