Workspace on shared drive, update from different machine

Sundar

I have a scenario where my Workspace is in a NAS (shared SMB Drive). I created the workspace from Host-A:

host-a$ cm workspace create my.workspace /mount/nas/repos/my.workspace/ --repository=my.workspace@myplastic@cloud

I then switched to using host-b using the same workspace location:

host-b$ cm workspace create my.workspace /mount/nas/repos/my.workspace/ --repository=my.workspace@myplastic@cloud

But when I do this I now see that all the content in my folder is marked as changed. Is there a proper way to do this - to move a workspace to a new machine and just have it work on the new machine? Am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Hi,

- Why are you using the same Plastic workspace from you independent clients? It's not normally a good idea. Every user should have their own local workspaces.

You cannot create a workspace in a path if it already exists.

- If you are switching to a different machine, you can move all the configuration files "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4" so you can keep the same configuration and workspaces in the new Plastic client.

The workspace information is stored at:"C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4¦plastic.workspace".

Regards,

Carlos.