Problem whth TeamCity

gberenguer

I'm having some problems whith a particular Plastic repository from TeamCity (ver 8.1.3 and plugin 201 403 051 303) instaled over Windows

On the server run cm lrep, and i get the two repositories

My selector is:

repository "KeepLink@testing:8087"
path "/"
br "/main/appWeb"
co "/main/appWeb"

In the build the following error occurs:

Failed to build patch for build #53 {build id=95}, VCS root: "web" {instance id=58, parent internal id=5, parent id=KeepLink_Web, description: "repository "KeepLink@testing:8087"
path "/"
br "/main/appWeb"
co "/main/appWeb""}, due to error: Error updating vcs root web:

Report if I change the selector for

repository "KeepLink @ testing: 8087"
path "/"
br "/ main"
co "/ main"

Everything works correctly

What is the problem?

Hi!

so:

repository "KeepLink@testing:8087" -> Fails

repository "KeepLink @ testing: 8087" -> Works

That's pretty strange... :S Can you please enable the cm log ("http://www.plasticscm.com/infocenter/technical-articles/kb-enabling-logging-for-plastic-scm-part-i.aspx"), force the error and send it to us?

What happens if you create a new project with a new VCS root working with the "KeepLink" repository? Keeps failing?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

I´ve performed a test using the last Plastic 5.0 version and TeamCity 8.1.4 and it worked fine. I used the next selector:

repository "default@localhost:8087"

path "/"

smartbranch "/main/task001"  

What Plastic and plugin version are you using? Could you upgrade to the last version (both Plastic and TC plugin) and check if the build is working? We performed a fix  a few months ago and now the last TC plugin version is not compatible with older Plastic versions.

Regards,

Carlos

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon

I'm working with TeamCity 8.1.4 (build 30168), Plastic 5, and the last plugin SNAPSHOT-201403051303

With the selector

path "/"

branch "/main"

checkout "/main"

works perfectly, but with the selector

repository "BluePush@testing:8087"

path "/"

smartbranch "/main/AppWeb"

The error procude "due to error: Error updating vcs root AppWeb"

I also tested with

path "/"

branch "/main/AppWeb"

checkout "/main/AppWeb"

and the same error also occurs...

Can anyone tell me what could be the problem?

good morning

I saw a post indicating it is not available in Plastic plugin for TeamCity functionality branches.

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2091-TeamCity-and-feature-branches/

On the other hand, indicate that they have tested with TeamCity 8.1.4 and Plastic 5, and the test with a daughter branch was successful.

I would indicate to me if we are working with the correct plugin, or is there a new plugin functionality. The last plugin is downloaded SNAPSHOT-201403051303.

Actually the system works properly moved to work with "/main"

thanks and regards

Hi,

My teamcity version is 8.1.2 and plastic scm version is 4.1.10.473.  while trying to make a build I m getting following error.

[14:44:48]Checking for changes
[14:44:51]Will perform clean checkout
[14:44:51]Clean checkout reasons
[14:44:51]Building and caching clean patch for VCS root: UT_Automation
[14:44:50]Publishing internal artifacts
[14:44:50]Clearing temporary directory: /home/mrv/teamcity_workspace/temp/buildTmp
[14:44:50]Checkout directory: /home/mrv/teamcity_workspace/work/f9e7523add86c329
[14:44:50]Updating sources: server side checkout (9s)
[14:44:59]Will repeat attempt when server will be available, number of attempts left: 2
[14:45:09]Updating sources: server side checkout (6s)
[14:45:15]Will repeat attempt when server will be available, number of attempts left: 1
[14:45:25]Updating sources: server side checkout (5s)
[14:45:31]Patch is broken, can be found in file: /home/mrv/teamcity_workspace/temp/globalTmp/temp5784343477296290187patch_63
[14:45:31]Failed to build patch for build #5 {build id=63}, VCS root: "UT_Automation" {instance id=28, parent internal id=2, parent id=Op9500hal_Test2project_UtAutomation, description: "repository "op9500@172.16.135.11:8087" path "/" smartbranch "/subcontractor/DI_A7_NEW_1/Dev_Branch_A7_New""}, due to error: Error updating vcs root UT_Automation:
[14:45:31]jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl$1: Server was not able to build correct patch, most likely due to VCS errors at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.throwError(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:118) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.checkPatch(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:108) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.copyPatchAndCheck(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:69) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesPatcherBase.copyPatchToTempFile(UpdateSourcesPatcherBase.java:71) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesFromServer.updateSources(UpdateSourcesFromServer.java:60) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesBuildStageBase.doSourceUpdate(UpdateSourcesBuildStageBase.java:91) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.UpdateSourcesBuildStageBase.doRecoverableStage(UpdateSourcesBuildStageBase.java:59) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.startStages.RecoverableBuildStage.doLastAttempt(RecoverableBuildStage.java:112) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.startStages.RecoverableBuildStage.doBuildStage(RecoverableBuildStage.java:70) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.BuildStagesExecutor$1.callStage(BuildStagesExecutor.java:31) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.BuildStagesExecutor$1.callStage(BuildStagesExecutor.java:24) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.StagesExecutor.callRunStage(StagesExecutor.java:78) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.StagesExecutor.doStages(StagesExecutor.java:37) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.buildStages.BuildStagesExecutor.doStages(BuildStagesExecutor.java:24) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildRunAction.doStages(BuildRunAction.java:70) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildRunAction.runBuild(BuildRunAction.java:50) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl.doActualBuild(BuildAgentImpl.java:265) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl.access$100(BuildAgentImpl.java:52) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.BuildAgentImpl$1.run(BuildAgentImpl.java:231) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679) Caused by: jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.UnsuccessfulPatchException: Failed to build patch for build #5 {build id=63}, VCS root: "UT_Automation" {instance id=28, parent internal id=2, parent id=Op9500hal_Test2project_UtAutomation, description: "repository "op9500@172.16.135.11:8087" path "/" smartbranch "/subcontractor/DI_A7_NEW_1/Dev_Branch_A7_New""}, due to error: Error updating vcs root UT_Automation: at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.AbstractPatcher$1.fail(AbstractPatcher.java:93) at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.LowLevelPatcher.readPatchStream(LowLevelPatcher.java:165) at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.LowLevelPatcher.applyPatch(LowLevelPatcher.java:88) at jetbrains.buildServer.vcs.patches.AbstractPatcher.applyPatch(AbstractPatcher.java:42) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchApplierImpl.applyPatch(PatchApplierImpl.java:18) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.checkPatchInFileIsCompleted(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:88) at jetbrains.buildServer.agent.impl.patch.PatchDownloaderImpl.checkPatch(PatchDownloaderImpl.java:98) ... 18 more
[14:45:31]Publishing internal artifacts
[14:45:31]Build failed to start. Artifacts will not be published for this build
[14:45:31]Build finished

Please help in resolving the issue.

Regards
ij130291

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Gabriel,

Task branches are not implemented in the TeamCity plugin (http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2012/02/setting-up-bamboo-server-to-test-task.html).  But it doesn´t mean that you cannot perform a build in a branch different than "/main".

You should also be able to create independent projects for independent branches.   Could you tell me your TeamCity project information?  I´ve just tested a build in a "/main/task001" branch and it seems that is working fine.  Maybe you are using more than one branch at the same time?

Regards,

Carlos

• 5 weeks later...

Archived