Managing repository storage space, Multiple data file paths? Or archive old repositories?

Cookseyyyyyy

Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for managing storage on an enterprise server. I'm running Plastic SCM on Azure via an attached disk which has a maximum possible size of 32Tb. It'll be a while before we max out on this disk's storage space but I'd like a solution in place for when we get to that point.

I can see 2 possible avenues as solutions...
1: set up a second overflow disk as repository storage (I can't see support for this in the GUI or manual so let me know if this is a possibility)

2: Delete or archive old repositories from the storage elsewhere (This doesn't seem ideal but perhaps there are tools to do this)

This may not be an issue that has arisen before but I'm curious for someone's take on it!

Hi,

- It's in our roadmap to provide a way to trim the repositories (eg: preserving just the last file revisions) so the repo size can be reduced. Initially this feature will be available for Plastic Cloud, hopefully before the end of the year. We were commenting this topic in the following thread (the last comment includes a possible workarpound that copuld be useful fopr you).

- You can delete repositories in Plastic and then archive them. This is normally a good idea if you don't plan to use them again (or a least in the near future).

- If you are using an on-premise server, you can edit the database location but I'm afraid you cannot configure multiple disks at the moment.

Regards,

Carlos.