I really hate the installing process of Plastic in Unity when the project includes Collaborate as starting point.

AlanMattano

Hello,

Unfortunately, I need help. Each time I install Plastic in Unity I have so many problems. I use Collaborate in my project and I wish to take it out and pass to plastic.

HOW DO I INSTALL PLASTIC IN UNITY 2020LTS AND MAKE A WORKSPACE PROPERLY? 🙃

SPOILER:

I use Collaborate that was removed manually because the migration tools usually do not work.

I lose control of Plastic making the installation. I install it using the package manager.

Actually, I'm using Unity 2020LTS.

Plastic was not working, it added the "Library" folder and it didn't give the option to ignore it.

I just deleted the Version Control package using the package manager.

I don't know what to do.

I try to create a new workspace using Plastic SCM editor but it tells me that my path is being used.

• AlanMattano changed the title to I really hate the installing process of Plastic in Unity when the project includes Collaborate as starting point.

To developers: Some migration issues and fears:

Migration of a single project manually 

• I do not need the Collaborate version control data I can just start fresh in Plastic. So I want to migrate some projects instead. But there is no explanation on how to take out Collaborate from the project manually including Collaborate extra info and install fresh new Plastic
  • When installing Plastic in Unity and creating a framework It ends up including "Library" (1Gb 100000files) and other folders inside the version control. Is this correct? And for a new user, this can be very confusing.  Do we need to point the path to the project folder or to the Asset folder?
  • I'm a new user and I presume is a bug? I can't exclude this folder because the exclusion button does not show up or hide in the drop-down menu.
    If I make a new Unity project, in Project Settings> Version Control, there is an error note: Not Connected, the project´s root path is not in a valid Plastic SCM workspace. And a beginner does not understand what to do with so because looks like there is an error with the root ( like is been use for another project).

Thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Alan,

Apologies for the delay in response on this thread.

I am sure that you are not the only user to experience this, so thank you for sharing your account. I have brought up these points to the Product Management team.

If you are planning to lose all Collaborate history and just wish to move your project to Plastic as is, you can do the following:

1. Open the project and disable Collaborate via the Services Window
  2. Close Unity and make a new Plastic repository and workspace to house your project
  3. Do initial set up on your repository (E.g. you may want to use an ignore.conf file that is specific to Unity projects)
  4. Copy and paste your project into your new workspace
  5. Check in the content and continue working with the new workspace!

If you have the Version Control package installed in Unity it is even easier!

1. Open the project and disable Collaborate via the Services Window
  2. Open the Plastic SCM window in Unity and click on Create Workspace

I hope this helps!