[POLL] How many Plastic SCM credentials do you connect to in your Plastic SCM client?

mariechristineb

Plastic SCM Accounts  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How many accounts do you connect to in your Plastic SCM client?

• Only 1 account
    • 2 accounts
    • 3 accounts
    • More than 3 accounts

• 2 weeks later...

In my personal circumstances, I like to use my company account for everything, business and private projects. We also work with clients who have their own Cloud organization and invite our team users, because it makes it easier to manage credentials if every user only needs to keep track of a single account.

Many users will probably have a company and a separate private account, however I believe that it's not that common to switch between them. Many have their accounts linked to specific devices like the workstation in the office or a company laptop at home and a separate home computer, for example. For cases where developers aren't allowed to use a company account for private projects but still work on the same device (maybe home office), it seems like the option to switch a profile should definitely be available, but maybe it doesn't have to be on the top most layer. Somewhere in the preferences sounds like a good compromise.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As the administrator of the Plastic SCM server of the company I switch between my user credential and the administrator credential all the time. I also user other user credentials when I am debugging permission settings.

Some of us also use local Plastic Server which have a different credential system (company one use LDAP mode, local one use User+Password).