What happens if Xlinks source repo is deleted?

Xarbrough

I have a MainRepo with an Xlink pointing to UtilitiesRepo. The utilities are hosted on my company's cloud edition, but the MainRepo is part of a different organization's cloud. What happens if I decide to delete the UtilitiesRepo or deny access to all users? Will MainRepo still have the last state/copy forever or will they lose access to data that was hosted in UtilitiesRepo? Specifically, if noone has a copy of the repos checked out to a workspace, does the MainRepo cloud repo contain some sort of duplicate data from UtilitiesRepo or will that be lost/broken if the repo is not reachable for whatever reason?

We're trying to figure out how to structure our repos for client work where the client wants to have full control over their project repo, but we would like to provide some of our shared code projects during development time. When the project is over, we would like the client to keep the most recent copy of our utilities, but not have access to any future work done on the repository. Or, maybe we want to delete our own repo in the future, but our client wants to be able to build and maintain their MainRepo project without depending on our company, etc.

Hi,

Do you have a Xlink between two repos that belong to two different organizations. This is a bit weird.

In order to control de access to a repo (Xlinked or not), you need to do it via permissions:

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/security/plastic-scm-version-control-security-guide

You can deny the permissions for a group to a repo and they won't be able to access to it again.

If you remove an XLinked repo and you create a workspace pointing to the parent and run an update, you will get an error message alerting the XLink cannot be resolved anymore (you can still access to the parent repo but not the Xlinked one).

Regards,

Carlos.

Ok thanks! I believe this means, we shouldn't use Xlinks in this case. If our client continues to use MainRepo and we decide to delete UtilitiesRepo, they won't be able to continue working with their copy of the utilities.

I'll just copy and paste our utilities manually into MainRepo then.