Files will not unlock

Donald Newlands

Hi,

I have two files that inexplicably are "Locked by 'donald" when I try to do a checkin in Gluon.  When I run the command line cm unlock <guid>, there is no error but the files stay locked.  The files show up in the lock list under the repository, but if I do cm hist <guid>, cm says the files are not in my workspace?  

I am an administrator... what else can I do?

A few comments:

1. I really wish there was a GUI for this.  Copying and pasting GUIDs seems like a waste of time.  
  2. It would be really helpful if the Gluon workspace list could display guids - it would take some of the work out of finding them
  3. the cm utility should have a "verbose" mode.  I can't tell when I run "cm lock <guid>" if the command has completed successfully or not.  (If I enter a non-existant GUI the command still completes with no message as if it did something

-Donald

Apparently the files we couldn't check in had "private" sidecar files with them that were left over from a previous iteration of the workspace.  Our workspaces frequently disappear from Gluon and we have to re-create them.  We always delete the .plastic file from the root folder but it seems we also need to delete the .private(?) files as well. 

I was able to fix things by temporarily renaming the files, deleting the .private files in Explorer and then using the "delete" function in Gluon with the "do not delete files on disk" option.  Then we renamed the files back to the original name and refreshed and the files showed up to be added normally.

-Donald