More feedback

SWSBB

First of all: Great work!

Things I really liked:

• I love the new look and Dark Mode ;)
  • Properties are always shown in branch explorer 👍
  • Tabs are fixed (Need Hotkeys CTRL+1, CTRL+2 and so on)

Issues I ran into:

• Check In and Undo buttons don't have hotkeys anymore 🤨
    I'm really used to ALT+I and ALT+U (this mocks me a lot)
    (although one could argument they are too close on the keyboard to be opposing actions. Luckily there is a safety prompt before undoing stuff unintentionally =D)
  • The Cloud page shows our repos. This is just confusing as we don't use cloud but a local server
  • Orange colored branches look good in Light Theme, but in Dark Theme they don't
    image.png.96cd4d5e149effd9965a7e7636340ae7.png  image.png.f68e4c850f2c8c5da18e8d48e4fc3f2a.png 
  • Vertical Branch Layout option still missing (but I'm sure you're working on it)
  • Missing an option to minimize the left menu bar. I don't need the text, I know the icons and could use the space
  • Opening, closeing and then opening the settings dialog will show an error
    image.png.f58961fe8c4318083a85dbf86d0cf4d1.png
  • No Comments section in settings. We use 'UserName' auto-text for check in comments
  • After switching the workspace the Workspace Explorer page is activated. Would be nice if the current page could stay active. I use Pending Changes page 90% of the time.

One more thing just came up:

When editing a file right before check in inside the right side of the diff the file encoding will be changed to UTF-8. We have many files that have Windows 1252 encoding to support german umlaut chars like äüöß ;) All those chars are destroyed afterwards

18 hours ago, SWSBB said:

After restarting the new client the last selected workspace is not selected again. It's always the frist workspace in the selector popup.

This is fixed in the latest version, but it would have been even better if the current view was restored, too. Now it always starts in the Workspace Editor

After switching branch in Branch Explorer the house icon is not shown on the switched to changeset. After a refresh it is displayed correctly

EDIT:
We do use a After-Update Trigger, that sometimes takes a little longer. Maybe this is relevant to this problem

• 4 weeks later...